June 7 – 9, 2020
We-Ko-Pa Resort and Conference Center
Scottsdale/Fountain Hills, Arizona
The IHD 2020 EVIDENCE FOR SUCCESS DISABILITY CONFERENCE integrates content across two areas – Assistive Technology and Evidence Based Practices in Disability Disciplines. Within these two complimentary focus areas, sessions address education, employment and community inclusion for children, youth and adults with disabilities.
The annual IHD Evidence for Success Disability Conference reflects the individual projects and collaborative endeavors in disability disciplines at Northern Arizona University’s Institute for Human Development – a University Center on Excellence in Developmental Disabilities. With a legacy of over 20 years of annual conferences in Arizona, the Evidence for Success Disability Conference has become one of the premier disability related conferences in Arizona drawing over 500 participants annually, many from other states and US territories.
The multi-faceted, multi-programmatic conference features four preconference workshops, 70+ educational sessions, an expansive exhibit hall showcasing state of the art assistive technology and community resources and, to encourage participation, offers registration fees below other Arizona and national conferences.
Attendees typically come from a variety of disciplines including educators, vocational counselors, therapists, university students, consumers and family members. IHD is proud that our conference garners high satisfaction levels and strong testimonials from attendees and exhibitors alike. A 2019 attendee, for example, commented: “Every year this conference keeps impressing me; in size, and in just how nicely it flows. The quality of presenters has emerged to the point where I like coming here as much as any other state or national conference.”
SEVEN Big Reasons to Attend the Conference!
- Put the Pieces Together: Connect the dots and learn how to apply evidence, research and innovative practices to your own work or family needs.
- Learn from Leaders: Hear directly from expert practitioners in assistive technology and disability services in education, employment, and community inclusion – Featured speakers include Representative Jennifer Longdon, AZ Superintendent for Public Instruction Kathy Hoffman, Gayl Bowser, Jonathan Martinis!
- Network: Find common ground and connect with colleagues who share your interest in working with persons with disabilities.
- Explore New Resources: Our vibrant Exhibit Hall allows you to explore the latest assistive technology products, services and community agency resources.
- Leave with Continuing Education Certificates: Earn up to 18 CEUs applicable to educators, VR Counselors, SLPs, OTs and others.
- Recharge and Relax: The beautiful Sonoran Desert setting and the affordable rates at the We-Ko-Pa Resort and Conference Center will make it easy for you to ramp up your knowledge in a serene environment.
- Value – Last but not least: – The highly reasonable registration fees include admission to the (a) Opening and Closing Plenary sessions, (b) concurrent breakout sessions, (c) the Exhibit Hall, (d) the Networking Reception on Monday afternoon, (e) breakfasts and lunches as specified per your registration choices, (f) conference materials, (g) access to the conference app, (h) free raffle tickets for our door prize drawings and (i) CEU certificates.
Learn More: Conference Program
Learn More: Registration Fees
Learn More: Hotel Information
Learn More: Attendee Information
Learn More: Exhibitor Information